The Blackbaud Employee Referral Program
Helping good (people) take over
EMPLOYEE REFERRAL POLICY & PROCEDURE GUIDELINES
- All referrals must be submitted through https://blackbaud.employeereferrals.com/jobs in order to be eligible for the referral bonus. Once submitted, the referral still has to apply for the position through the generated link to become an active candidate.
- The bonus applies to any externally posted vacant, regular full-time positions within any Blackbaud office. the bonus amounts will range from $500 to $1500 based on the level of position. All amounts are listed in the portal.
- No bonus will be paid for referrals detailed in the list of exclusions that follow the program guidelines.
- Employees are able to submit an unlimited number of referrals.
- Employee Referrals will expire after a period of one (1) year.
You will receive a referral bonus if the following conditions have been met:
- the candidate you referred was hired and you are an active Blackbaud employee at the time of the hire
- and the candidate was submitted through Blackbaud.employeereferrals.com
- Employees will receive the full referral bonus within the first 30 days of the candidate's start date. Please note the referring employee must be with the organization at the time of hire in order to receive the bonus.
- Bonuses and prizes from special ERP promotions and contests will be granted only if you are an active employee of Blackbaud during the time when the promotion or contest is running and concluded.
- Referral bonus incentives will be announced to all employees based on availability of the skills in the marketplace.
- Questions and final decisions regarding the eligibility for a referral bonus will be decided by Human Resources.
The following are exclusions to this program and will result in ineligibility:
- Resumes previously received by Blackbaud within one (1) year are not eligible for the ERP payout.
- There is no referral bonus for interns, temporary employees or contractors.
- Referrals of ALL former full-time and temporary Blackbaud employees and its subsidiaries (no exceptions).
- Referrals from Vice Presidents and above or Human Resources.
- Referrals from anyone with supervisory responsibility for the referred new hire.
- Internal candidates are not eligible for submission to the employee referral program.
- The employee will be notified if your referral is hired.
- If a referred candidate is not hired then either they were not qualified for the position or management found a candidate who better matched the qualifications and skills required for the position. Please do not contact the hiring manager or recruiter about the reasons a referred candidate was not hired.
- Based on the recruiter's assessment, only qualified referrals will be selected to participate in the hiring process.
Q: How do I register for the referral program?
A: Simply click on the “Register” button in the email invitation you received. A second option is to go to
blackbaud.employeereferrals.com and click on “Register” at the top of the page. You will be able to register with your Blackbaud email address.
Q: Do I have to make referrals through this portal?
A: While the recruiting team will certainly accept any referral, in order to assure that you are eligible to be paid the bonus you should make the referral at blackbaud.employeereferrals.com.
Q: What is the auto-share feature?
A: Auto-share will automatically post a job to the social media sites you select. You determine how often this happens. If someone clicks on the link, applies and is hired, you’ll receive the reward!
Q: Who can see my contacts?
A: Nobody but you can see your contacts. Recruiting will be able to see how many matches we’ve identified for a particular job but not who those matches are. This is less visibility than if you connected with one of your company’s recruiters on LinkedIn.
Q: Do I have to sync my social networks to make a referral?
A: No, you don’t. You can use the “Make a General Referral” option to enter a contact’s name and information.
Q: How do you determine a match? Should I refer all my matches?
A: We match your contacts to your company’s jobs using the keywords we’re able to identify in both the job descriptions and your contacts’ profiles. We’re limited by what information we can get from LinkedIn and other social networks so not all the matches will be perfect. You should still screen your contacts to determine not only if they’re a good fit for the job, but also if they’d be a good addition to Blackbaud.
Q: What happens after I refer one of my contacts?
A: Your contact will receive an invitation to view the job description. If they apply via the link and are hired, you will receive credit. If you mark the box to allow your recruiters to contact your referral, the recruiting team may reach out to your contact to follow up. If your referral gets hired you’ll see the referral bonus on your paycheck once all eligibility requirements are met.
Q: Can I opt out of the program?
A: While you can always make referrals you can opt out of receiving emails by clicking on unsubscribe in any email.
Q: When will I receive my bonus if someone I referred is hired?
A: You will receive your bonus within the new hire’s first 30 days.
Q: What if multiple people refer the same person for different openings?
A: The referral bonus will be paid to the employee who referred the candidate for the position that they were hired into.
Q: How do I import my contacts?
A: Click on the LinkedIn Icon at the top of the page.
- Click ‘Export your Contacts from LinkedIn’. This will take you to LinkedIn’s contact export page.
- Click ‘Export’. Make sure you have ‘Microsoft Outlooks (csv)’ selected at the export option. It should be default option.
- Complete the Captcha. As an added security measure, LinkedIn requires you to prove that you are a human being (as opposed to a bot). Complete the captcha to initiate your download.
- Return to the employee referral website so you can upload your contacts.
- Click the ‘Then Import your Contacts Here’ button that is found at the bottom of this page. Locate the file containing your contacts and click ‘open’ to upload them.
Q: How much will I be paid if my referral is hired?
A: All bonus amounts are listed in the system for every active external opening. You can view the bonus amounts by accessing Blackbaud.employeereferrals.com.
Q: How can I ask additional questions about the program?
A: You can ask your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Review open jobs
Search our open jobs by Title, location, reward, or category.
2) Send job invitations
Sync with Google, Yahoo, Twitter, or LinkedIn and our app will recommend people to refer. It’s 100% private.
3) Earn rewards
The system tracks everything and you’ll receive your reward according to our payment policy.
Your personal social networks belong to you.
At your discretion, you may choose to sync your personal social networks with this app (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, GitHub, and/or Yahoo). Only you have access to the connections synced from these accounts through the app. Only you can view them, and only you can communicate with them. You may remove your social networks at any time for any reason. Syncing social networks is not required to participate in the referral program. At your discretion, you may choose to share a connection's contact info with company recruiters or setup auto-sharing.
Only you have access to your data.
With our referral system, your information is your property. This app is your tool to find referrals among your social networks. Your social network contacts are loaded into the app, but only you have access to them. Your employer can not view or communicate with any of your contacts. We will never sell, share or use your information in any way. We promise.
We respect the privacy of the people you refer.
Company recruiters don’t know anything about your connections until you decide to share their contact information. Sharing contact information must be done individually for each connection you wish to share. You can make a referral without revealing your friend's contact information to recruiters.
Like many companies, we use "cookie" technology on our web site. We use a temporary session cookie to recognize you and your contacts. These temporary cookies are eliminated when you exit your browser.
We use top level security technology on our site. Your information is safe.
Third Party Links
Our site may occasionally have links to third party sites, such as employer’s sites. We have no control over these sites. Once you click on a third party link, we are not responsible for any personal information you may enter on those sites.
You can opt out at any time, for any reason.
In most cases, an account has already been created for you per company policy. However, participation in the referral program is optional and you may opt out at any time for any reason.