Blackbaud is searching for an experienced Technical Writer to join our Strategic Content Development team. As a Technical Writer, you should have a passion for creating user assistance that helps our customers further their missions. Our Technical Writers develop user interface text, videos, in-product help, web sites, blog and social media posts, and other content for our products. You will be a member of a cross functional, high performing matrix team consisting of Software Engineers, User Experience Designers, and Program Managers. Additionally, Technical Writers interact with a wide variety of other stakeholders within the division and company.
What you'll be doing:
- Create customer-centered user assistance content that enhances the user experience and adds value to our software products
- Evaluate and implement feedback about user assistance content as well as respond quickly and diplomatically to the source of the feedback
- Successfully work on multiple projects with concurrent and shifting deadlines. You must meet these deadlines while producing work that meets the standards of both Blackbaud and our clients
- Research and learn new technologies as required by the products you document and the tools and methodologies used to create user assistance content
- Interact with Subject Matter Experts to efficiently gather information with the goal of becoming an expert on the products you document
- Work closely with other team members and show initiative in improving overall user assistance content and processes
- Contribute to the Products division by offering feedback on product prototypes, developed code, and general user perspective captured through writing assistance content and learning about the software we create
What we'll want you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in communications or related field
- Strong writing and communication abilities, editing skills, and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic work ethic, passion for technology, and the discipline to manage multiple tasks
- The ability to quickly master new processes and technical concepts
- Experience using technical writing tools and workflows
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and an understanding of other online presentation techniques
- Experience with creating screencasts and videos, documenting APIs, and working in an agile environment s a plus
- Experience communicating with external audiences via vehicles such as product communities, blogs, and social media is a plus
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.