About the role:
The Strategic Pricing Analyst, Lead is a high-level individual contributor, and will be responsible for evolving Blackbaud’s overall approach to SaaS/Subscription Model pricing while also serving as a hands-on practitioner who drives improved execution and operational excellence in pricing across the organization. You will be an evangelist for continuous innovation and improvements regarding Blackbaud’s pricing strategy for the entire portfolio of products/services/solutions. Additionally, you will be responsible for improving Blackboard’s overall pricing processes, systems, performance measurement and compliance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support evolution of a strategic pricing framework based on customer’s perceived value/price sensitivity, pricing history, competitor pricing, cost to acquire and serve, etc.
- Coordinate the collection and validation of relevant information from across the organization including stakeholders from finance, product management, client services, product marketing, sales
- Work closely with financial and operational teams and data sources to analyze and interpret data in order to drive financial modeling, projections and pricing models
- Synthesize analysis and present recommendations to senior management in an effective way to aid in decision making
- Support the development of a multi-year strategy to build and implement pricing innovation across the company with appropriate measurement and refinement over time
- Identify and drive new operational excellence initiatives to increase pricing model effectiveness
- Translate strategy and analysis into documented operational requirements for implementation of approved pricing actions
- Develop operational execution plans and coordination across functional areas to ensure timely launch of price changes
- Improve understanding of price sensitivity and impact of discounting on win/loss rates
- Review corporate margin requirements in the context of market and cost to serve constraints and recommend appropriate discounting policies
- Identify and implement improvements in analytical techniques and data infrastructure to improve the quality of pricing decisions
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; MBA strongly preferred
- 6+ years of business experience and at least 2 years of experience in global pricing of SaaS, Cloud Software or services required
- Demonstrated business experience working in an analytic capacity in fields such as management consulting, marketing analytics, pricing analytics, or financial analysis
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, Access SQL and tools such as Tableau or Qlik
- Strong communication and presentation skills and can interact with all levels of leadership including senior management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using data to “tell the story”, synthesize information into key messages appropriate for the audience to help drive business decisions
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.