About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and application solutions. You’ll use your advanced technology and automation skills to meet the demands of rapidly evolving technologies, while relentlessly pursuing opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, you will need to actively engage in navigating the intersection of engineering and operations. You will dive into the details to understand a complex system of environments and applications, with a drive to identify opportunities to streamline and automate wherever possible. You are someone that keeps up with industry trends and effectively adapts to rapidly evolving technologies. You thrive in a culture that leverages data and metrics to make informed decisions and guide change.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of Blackbaud’s physical and virtual compute & storage environments
- Collaborate on implementation of test protocols and procedures while applying high level of technical knowledge as well as troubleshooting and debugging skills to avoid and eliminate problems.
- Develop and support collaboration with engineering, operations and other key stakeholders through the full life cycle of our solutions
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures and activities to support business growth and demand
- Contribute to incident response with focus on restoration of service, followed by root cause analysis and permanent resolution.
- Discover opportunities for toil automation by identifying manual, repetitive, tactical operational workloads and develop automation scripts, tools, and/or frameworks to optimize and standardize
- Demonstrate proactive pursuit of quality by vigilantly identifying, prioritizing, and preventing quality debt and risks
- Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands to rapidly evolving technologies.
What we’ll want you to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required
- 5+ years in designing, implementing and supporting enterprise virtualization and storage solutions; including but not limited to Cisco UCS, VMware, EMC storage arrays and data protection solutions
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- Demonstrated experience authoring and automating tasks using scripting technologies required (ie. Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of engineering virtual environments including design, sizing, capacity planning and performance tuning
- Established understanding of complex systems and comprehensive knowledge of multiple technical disciplines; storage, compute and network
- 5+ years in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.