Brand Strategy Director
Blackbaud is the world’s leading cloud software company powering social good. As Blackbaud’s Brand Strategy Director, you will build on our strong foundation to fully establish Blackbaud as an iconic, resonant, and customer-focused brand.
In this strategic leadership role, you will build and strengthen Blackbaud’s brand by leading Blackbaud’s Brand Creative Studio, along with key Brand Management and Brand Governance functions to bring to life a compelling and consistent brand across touchpoints. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Global Brand, you will work closely with cross-functional leaders from the Global Marketing Center of Excellence, including Product and Vertical Marketing, Demand Marketing, Digital and Marketing Sciences, and regional marketing leaders, along with stakeholders across the company.
This role may the right next step for you if you have passion for excellent creative execution, but are equally invigorated by creating systems, processes and standards that drive impact, and you are inspired both by bringing a brand to life, and by making brand stewardship accessible and meaningful across a broad team.
Brand Creative Studio
- Lead Blackbaud’s Brand Creative Studio, a team of designers, writers, and external partners responsible for developing Blackbaud’s brand identity and bringing it to life across channels including events, digital, video and more.
- Own the development and ongoing evolution of a cohesive brand identity that comes to life across all touchpoints.
- Be responsible for the overall creative strategy of major brand campaigns and events (e.g. Giving Tuesday, master brand campaigns, major events like our annual conference, bbcon, etc).
- Create standards and practices, and drive internal stakeholder alignment, to use creative resource resources for maximum impact, ensuring that the team can work in a way that is flexible and responsive while deeply aligned to strategic outcomes.
- Refine and optimize the necessary business rhythms, standards, and processes (including the team’s move to Asana) to ensure productivity, quality, transparency, and stakeholder satisfaction across all aspects of creative execution.
- Oversee the cultivation of a strong bench of external copy, design, and video talent (freelancers and agency partners) so we can leverage the right skillsets at the on the right projects to deliver high-impact creative.
- Effectively manage the operation to on time, on budget delivery of all projects.
Brand Governance and Enablement
- Create and operationalize standards, processes, and resources to mature brand stewardship and governance across the Global Marketing Center of Excellence.
- Create and manage strategies, resources, training and tools to ensure that Blackbaud employees globally are equipped to steward our brand effectively.
- Develop rhythms, processes that mature our brand governance function globally, taking a Global by Design approach.
- Develop deep expertise in Blackbaud’s brand architecture and brand guidelines, and advise teams across the company on strategy for alignment.
- Be the voice of brand governance and enablement across the company, providing training and education as needed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on brand strategy, consulting with internal teams on the best way to achieve their objectives while building a strong, resonant, and unified global brand, advising on naming, positioning and other brand strategy decisions for initiatives across the company.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Blackbaud’s brand strategy guidelines and frameworks.
- Lead the operationalization of brand strategies for acquired companies.
- Lead the operationalization of brand initiatives across the company.
- Partner closely with colleagues in Product and Vertical Marketing, Demand Marketing, and Digital and Marketing Sciences to bring to life consistent and compelling positioning across every brand touchpoint.
A candidate most successful in this position will likely have/be:
- Experience leading a creative team or function, either in-house or at an agency, with strong digital background.
- Experience in brand strategy – experience with acquisitions is a strong plus.
- Experience in tech or the social good community.
- Seasoned manager who is capable of building, relating to, coaching and developing a diverse team of professionals, with experience in change management.
- Highly effective communicator with strong EQ (emotional quotient) able to influence stakeholders across the company.
- Analytical problem solver with a bias for results.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Marketing, Business, Communications, Design or related field; MBA a plus.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.