Do you want to work on software and services that help the world’s leading Social Good organizations change the world? The Platform team at Blackbaud is central to our strategy to be the #1 SaaS solution provider to Social Good organizations and people around the globe. The Platform team is responsible for the services that enable Blackbaud and our Partners to provide seamless, integrated solutions for our customers via the Cloud. The team provides the core Fundraising, Financial and Relationship Management capabilities as well as the Commerce, Developer and Engineering Platforms upon which Blackbaud and it's Partners can help organizations achieve their Missions.
The Technical Strategy & Platform team is designing and developing the future of our Cloud platform. From Relationship Management, Digital Marketing and Fund Accounting our team is redefining how Blackbaud serves our customers. The team is looking for experienced technical leaders with creative problem-solving skills, product architecture skills and vision and a relentless focus on our customers and partners. If you have led the design, development and scaled a modern SaaS solution we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager that has experience with platform design and cross group collaboration, brings a diverse background and is comfortable with driving clarity in ambiguity. This role spans the breath of Blackbaud capabilities and solutions and will be challenged with solving a diverse set of technical problems that span systems, architectures and organizations.
As part of the platform team, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying the right problems to solve and defining user requirements in partnership with engineering, architects and user experience designers to provide unmatched customer insights to help organizations further their mission.
- Using personas and end to end workflows to solve core competencies at the right scope, prioritize and gain approval to build/buy/partner using data to drive decisions.
- Defining appropriate success metrics for your domain capability and measuring results to learn, iterate, and delight.
- Driving adoption and usage to continue to grow the customer base products that leverage the Platform.
- Owning and monitoring the quality, cost, and health of your services, including ownership and prioritization of NNRs, APIs, security, and customer feedback.
- Communicating technical roadmaps to the appropriate stakeholders for alignment on vision and strategy of how the platform expands to customers over time.
- Work across platform, product, and vertical teams to execute on the technical strategy.
- Clearly relay documented requirements, user cases, customer outcomes, acceptance criteria, and success metrics to delivery teams to quickly drive results.
- Providing innovative value to both existing and new customers.
How to tell if you are the right fit:
- You have a record of success defining customer needs and developing innovative platform services employing groundbreaking technology while leveraging all aspects of product development: data insights, market demand, customer empathy, and technology trends.
- You are an advocate for a cross-solution vision of shared components and can inspire a shift to “platform first” culture rather than focused on siloed product results.
- You obsess over how to communicate what problems your platform capabilities solve and can articulate clear technical roadmaps on how your services will expand to serve multiple solutions and verticals over time.
- You have technical fluency and are comfortable with understanding and discussing technology concepts with engineering, architects, user experience designers, and business stakeholders.
- You have a fail-fast mentality and have demonstrated acceptable risk-taking using data driven decisions.
- You have curiosity to explore new ideas and make time and space for planning what’s up next without losing momentum on current execution.
- You enjoy a fast-paced, customer focused, team-oriented, fun and flexible global environment.
- Requires minimum of 5 years of related experience with a BS in computer science, information management or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience defining user requirements and delivering value to customers in a Cloud product/platform.
- Experience with agile development as a technical product manager or software developer, architect, business systems analyst.
- Experience with Social Good organizations or Software solutions provided to the Social Good community
- Experience transforming a legacy solution to modern technology is a plus
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.