As part of the agile teams, the Architect assists in design problems, platform best practices and ensures that every application is implemented according to acceptable design, quality, performance, and security standards. They formulate high-level estimates for analyses, project planning, and impact assessments and demonstrates the ability to work with team members with varying degrees of technical depth and breadth of knowledge. The architect will also analyze and recommend technology strategies where gaps exist including performing proofs-of-concept as needed.
Architects at Blackbaud are thought leaders in our department and local development community. Duties include solving complex issues, learning/teaching new technologies, promoting growth and assuring your team delivers on its commitments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with product owners and other business partners to understand and refine business requirements that drive the architecture
- Work closely with engineers to create and document the detailed application design
- Perform code and design reviews as needed
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects to create integration strategies between systems
- Work with the infrastructure teams to ensure the software is effectively mapped to a hardware implementation
- Collaborate with IT Security to ensure solutions comply with corporate and regulatory policies
- Perform proofs-of-concept as needed to determine technology solutions
- Evaluate legacy and current applications, its architecture, database design, etc. to make recommendation on improvements on design, performance, and quality
- Mentor architects and engineers of various levels
- Identify and champion reuse opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement
- Ensure consistent practices across enterprise initiatives
- Keep up with new technologies and trends and be able to apply them when appropriate to our architecture or processes.
- Collaborate with other architects to define and document design patterns and best practices.
- Work with engineering teams to implement appropriate design patterns and best practices.
- Develop a strategy to onboard partners/acquisitions across the world into Blackbaud’s ecosystem.
What we’ll want you to have:
- M.S. or B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering preferred, or possess equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant technology architecture experience - including evidence of leading efforts to shape strategic investment portfolios and to scope & architect major programs
- 15+ years of experience in design and development of complex web-based, high transaction, high volume, distributed systems offered in a SaaS model or similar
- Formal skills with the following: C# .Net or Java, web services, ORM frameworks, RDBMS, NoSQL, data stores, build / continuous integration, messaging systems and protocols
- Experience with software development methodologies such as agile and test-driven development
- Experience creating & maintaining Architecture Roadmaps
- Hands on experience creating POCs, working closely with business and partners
- Demonstrated experience of leading and collaborating with virtual teams made up of business and technology resources
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Strong communication and influencing skills with business & technology executives (VP, CTO, COO, CIO, Business Division Leads)
- Experience with data modeling and database design
- Experience with messaging middleware and micro services
- Good knowledge of web services and related standards
- Knowledge of distributed architectures and design patterns, and best practices
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.